Our Pastry Attendants are devoted to ensuring proper presentation of our pastries, cleanliness along with providing a smile and assistance to customers who visit the Bakery department.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Take and fill customer orders, preparing, portioning and wrapping various pastries
- Using electrical printers to create appropriate item pricing labels
- Provide advice to customers regarding available products
- Assisting customers locate items when required
- Suggestive selling
- Serve customers at the counter
- Ensure work area is clean and orderly
- Wash and cleaning of baking supplies
- Able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift 20 lbs consistently
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Occasionally pushing and pulling of heavy carts around bakery
- High School or GED from an accredited school system or program is preferred.
- A minimum of one year experience in a customer focused role; however, we are willing to train the right candidate.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listening skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, while maintaining a professional image at all times
- Work independently with little direct supervision
- Have a well-balanced concern for both task and people
- Have a genuine concern for needs of customers
Job requires employee to work a variety of shifts including mornings, days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Employees will be exposed to cold temperatures when accessing our refrigerated areas. Job also requires employee to work with challenging customers and/or situations.