Our Pastry Chef is devoted to ensuring proper presentation of our pastries, cleanliness along with providing a smile and assistance to customers who visit the Bakery department
We are looking for a creative Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal items, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our Market. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs consistently
- Long periods of standing and walking
- Frequent bending and twisting
- Occasionally pushing and pulling of heavy carts around bakery
- High school diploma.
- Post-secondary training at a culinary institution.
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field.
- 2 or more years’ experience working within the food industry as a Pastry Chef, Baker, or relevant role.
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process.
- Creative ability with artistic skill in decorating cakes and other desserts.
- Keen attention to detail.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and nutrition.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings and holidays when necessary.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, production environment.
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Executive and Sous Chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with customers to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions, such as weddings.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the Market adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cookin
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel